It’s that time of year! As soon as you spent five minutes celebrating yourself and all your motherhood glory – it was time to celebrate dad instead. Totally kidding – my baby daddy deserves all kinds of praise during the month of June. Well, and every other month of the year, too. I began celebrating my man and all his fatherhood glory six years ago! So I’ve got quite the lineup of perfect Father’s Day gifts, big and small, that fit every dad style.
Electronics evolve insanely quick nowadays, so it seems as though each year has brought on a new item my hubby could really make use of it. Half the time they aren’t actually needed, but I love using Father’s Day as an excuse to really spoil him with wants instead of needs.
- JBL Bluetooth Speaker – I love this brand! We have actually have had three JBL speakers in the past six years or so. Hubby came into our relationship with one, but for his second Father’s Day I gifted him with a small upgrade. And then splurged on an even bigger upgrade this past Christmas. And all three still work to date – even after a small trip into the toilet thanks to my toddler. Dad life. JBL has speakers that fit every price range, so whether the man you’re celebrating is a DIY DJ or just a casual music lover, they’ve got a speaker to fit your needs.
- Apple AirPods – There simply isn’t another brand of wireless headphones that has lasted as long as these have. I know, because we went through numerous pairs from various brands before these babies came out. Sam has absolutely raved about these! “They charge lightning fast, last an entire day at work, and are far more stylish than any pair – especially because of their small size.” Guess hubby did the work for me on this one.
- Wireless Charging Pad – My guy has enough to focus on while at his desk during a hectic work day. So the fact that a low-battery smartphone can hit a pick-me-up just by being placed on one of these pads is a major win with major ease. Surprisingly, Nixon makes an great option for a great price. The material is very fashionable, and can either dress down for casual Fridays, or up for client meetings. Sam does say this specific pad dies a little faster than he’d like, so I do suggest a bit more research before pulling the plug on one!
I could go on and on about apparel ideas, considering my husband has a larger portion of the closet than I do. But I’ll stick to a gift guide that goes with any style preference!
- Nixon Watches – My husband has been wearing Nixon for so long, even far before I met him. And let me tell you, he still owns some of the watches from that long ago – ticking battery and all. Leather bands, sport bands, metal bands, Nixon has options for every guy on your celebration list. The durability is superb, the options are endless, and you absolutely get what you pay for in quality!
- Aldo Men’s Boots – I’m specific with the brand here for one really big reason – they LAST. My man has been buying boots from Aldo ever since transitioning into a more corporate career. He wears them to work, he wears them for a night out on the town, he wears them to church, and they never seem to wear and tear. Fun fact – my little man threw a pair of brand new Aldo boots in a very full bath tub three years ago. Sam still has them, still wears them, and you would never know they took a dive head-first into my garden tub.
- Bathing Suits – My little oddball item of the list. I suggest swimming trunks because I’ve noticed that it’s an item men are super unlikely to purchase for themselves. Every time I tell Sam he needs to buy new suits, he’d rather spoil himself with something more important or something more useful. Yet every time we go to the beach, he’s got the same suit on. Plus, I love this item because it works for a smaller budget! I’m currently loving the length and the print H&M is dishing out.
For the man who takes his office style seriously.
- Briefcase/Messenger Bag – Sam doesn’t use a “workbag” often. In fact, he uses a sleek backpack for his daily workload. But every now and then an important meeting, a new interview, or a client trip pops up. Cue the professionalism. Men’s briefcases have seriously stepped up their game. Gone are the days of shiny black leather and mismatched cloth straps. From vintage camel browns to modern black and brown combos, I’ve seen casual and formal looks for every stage of his career. Believe me, he’ll thank you when the need surprisingly pops up!
- Garment Steamer – You’re going to love this one, mostly because it eliminates your job as the designated ironer. But if the man in your life hates wrinkles the way my man does, you’ve got yourself the perfect gift. I highly suggest going for a full-size, floor-standing steamer. I have yet to find a small handheld or travel size that truly gets the job done. And shop Amazon! Best bang for your buck by far.
- Yeti Tumbler – Perfect for the coffee lover you’re celebrating soon! Yeti is popular for just one reason – it’s simply better than the rest. You can personalize them, engrave them, or even match them to your favorite sports teams. The options are endless, but even better, the seal on them is incredible. The insulation lasts far past breakfast time. And I never have to worry about Sam hitting a speed bump or a pot hole on the way to work.
- For the man who loves a good night cap – Tovolo ice molds. Ice spheres are awesome for chilling a favorite cocktail without watering down the taste he adores. But in my household, it looks a little more like this. Your teething baby has finally called it a night, and your hubby is ready for a cocktail to send him off to snooze. You absolutely can not risk the noise of your ice maker. Cue the ice molds. One silent alternative that also keeps dad pleased and at ease with his night cap.
- For the man who loves the outdoors – a drone. It’s true, men love their toys far beyond childhood. Give them a dose of their childhood with an adult price tag. It’s what little boy dreams are made of.
- For the man who love sports – a corn hole set. I had a local woodworker make a one-of-a-kind wooden set for Sam. They are super large, super sturdy, and super beautiful with all of their wooden seams and glossy finish. It actually cost me about the same as a good store-bought set would have, but it felt a ton more personalized. If you have someone local who makes wooden table sets and other pieces of furniture, there’s a great chance they can whip you up a corn hole set! Or check out your nearest sports store for legitimate boards.
Is this a lineup, or IS THIS a lineup? The fact that I have actually purchased all of these items a time or two for baby daddy has me feeling like a home-run gift giver. Plus, I almost always pair a good gift with a couple of sweet treats, a cigar or two, or a gift card for Monday’s lunch.
If you haven’t finished shopping yet, or if you haven’t even started, don’t panic! Nowadays options like Prime shipping and in-store pickup make it super easy to manage last-minute shopping. So utilize them. If you’re like me, the stress of perfect gift-giving can make you super anxious. But if I can double up for Father’s Day AND a June 19th birthday, you got this. Believe me, you got this.