We are officially prepping for baby number three! So far, we’ve had one baby boy and one baby girl, so to say we’re stocked with baby gear of all color combos would be an understatement! But while hand-me-downs will get us very far this time around, there are a few things we’ll need to add before the arrival of another sweet family addition. There’s also a few things we like for each baby to have of their own, too! So what exactly are we adding to our third and (maybe) final registry?
- Double stroller – We actually had a double stroller right after our second baby was born. But by then our oldest was already halfway to four, and honestly it was more hassle than help. So we ditched it for a brand new Graco single rider to spice things up. But this time around the age gap between babies will be much smaller. And our ever-so lazy toddler loves a good stroll when we’re on the go. We have our eyes on a few different options, I’ll be sure to share later!
- Infant car seat – We do indeed have the seat my baby girl used just two short years ago. But overtime the materials in carseats begin to minimize. And although this seat is far from expired, we love being able to give each of our babies their safest ride possible in the those early months. So baby number three will get her very own car seat for all her travels!
- Sound machine – Once baby arrives, it’s hard to believe this household of five will ever be quiet enough for fussy newborn naps. I don’t like to add to many extras to our bedtime routines. The extras leave too much room for error and sleep fighting. But we are absolutely adding a sound machine to the nursery for baby number three in hopes of blocking out some of the crazy around here!
- Newborn clothing – Big sister definitely has a boatload of hand-me-downs in her closet, I certainly didn’t skimp on my first princess. But my husband and I both agree we want our newest bundle to have her own set of hospital outfits. Baby three may be our second baby girl, but she will be special in her very own way! And we’d like to make sure we recognize that with her own “welcome to the world” attire.
- Swaddles – Alongside her own stash of newborn clothes, we also want to give her some new swaddle blankets and wraps. Between the diaper blowouts, the milk spit-up, and the endless hours of being stretched, we’re making sure our third baby comes out to a few fresh-out-the-bag baby swaddles.
- Baby bottles – You can check out my favorite bottles (and a good formula-feeding laugh) here. But for obvious sanitation reasons, we’re retiring our previous stash and buying new for baby number three!
- Stashes – What a funny word to list here, but for us, it’s super important that we start her diaper and formula stashes early! Balancing the budget of pricey diapers and even pricier formula with two other snack-loving, clothes-outgrowing kids may be tough. So this time around, we’ve decided to start purchasing these items before baby girl arrives. We have a love for Huggies! And we’ll start by purchasing sizes 1 and 2 sometime during the fifth month of my pregnancy. Notice we aren’t buying size newborn! My second baby was a whopping 8 pounds 10 ounces, and actually only wore newborn diapers for about two to three weeks! As for the formula – I’m not planning to fail, although I have heavily failed to breastfeed and pump twice. I have a few tricks up my sleeve that will hopefully make breastfeeding finally work for me! (I’ll share them soon.) But the likelihood of baby number three needing formula is HIGH, so we’ll probably start purchasing a can with each grocery trip around month six of pregnancy!
If you’re also prepping for a new baby after having one or even a few already, welcome to the club! But for you first time mommas, make sure you check out two posts that will serve you just right. I’ve got newborn essentials and infant must-haves just a click away!