Is your hair wrapped up in a greasy mess of a bun? Do you have to be out the door in an hour and on your way to your kid’s bake sale? Do you hate the idea of people eating your food and silently judging you? Well cue my go-to cookie recipe – Cake Mix Chocolate Crinkles. Ding ding ding. You just found yourself a quick and easy, last-minute cookie recipe that never fails to please my crowd. Easter, Christmas, almost every holiday has seen these cookies because if you ask me to bring a dish, this is as simple as I can get.
- 1 box Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
Could you ask for fewer ingredients?
- mix together the cake mix, the eggs, and the oil and cover with plastic wrap
- allow the dough to refrigerate for an hour or so – I was in such a rush the last time I made these that I skipped this step and my cookies still came out scrumptious – also why this is my last-minute go-to!
- preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- scoop up tablespoons of dough and form into a ball
- roll each dough ball into the powdered sugar to form a light coating and place on baking sheet
- bake each tray for about 10-12 minutes – cookies will not appear golden on the bottom, the color is hard to catch against the dark batter, but I promise they are done!
- scarf down cookies
Could you ask for fewer steps? These cookies are so versatile too, you can add almost anything for any occasion. I’ve added mint chips for a Grasshopper cookie vibe, white chocolate and peppermint chips for the holiday season, and peanut butter chips for an ooey-gooey weekend treat! Give these sweet bites a try, you won’t be disappointed.